Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Behold, I will do something new..."

Lorraine, our 12 year old, had her hand up in the air and was tentatively saying “I have one”. We were in a Bible study group talking about God’s answers to our prayer. She went on to say that she had asked God to help her with the stress she felt about saving enough money to go to summer camp; she said “He answered my prayers by having the camp cancelled, so now I don’t have to worry about it!” I was amazed; I knew how much she had wanted to go to camp and how hard she and Alison had worked to save up the part they needed to pay. It reminded me about how God sometimes answers prayers in ways we don’t expect, and sometimes don’t like. The verse in Isaiah 43:19 came to mind..

“Behold I will do something new, now it will spring forth, will you not be aware of it, I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert”

-Isaiah 43:19

God is often doing new things in our life. Even when it seems to be all wilderness, there is a path we need to find and walk, by His grace.

No comments: